Following free medical services are provided by the hospital financed by the Abdul Halim Khan Foundation:
- Health Safety Card: We believe the introduction of Red and Green “Health Safety Card” by our hospital will revolutionize the medical sector. The holders of either of the cards will receive treatment at a very low cost. These low cost cards will give the patient the impetus to visit the medical hospital whenever attention is required, instead of waiting for the disease to reach a chronic level. In Bangladesh, especially in the rural area the inhabitants are very reluctant to visit doctors and hospitals. The features of the Red cards are:
- Free Cataract Operation: A cataract is a clouding of the lens in the eye of leading to a decrease in vision. It mostly affects the senior people of the society and can lead to a troubled living. But a single operation can easily treat this condition. In this respect, we have conducted camps and served more than 200 patients. It gave us great satisfaction to return the visions of our patients. We plan to conduct such more events in the future.
- Vaginal Prolapsed Camp: Vaginal prolapse is a condition in which structures such as the uterus, rectum, bladder, urethra, small bowel, or the vagina itself may begin to prolapse, or fall, out of their normal positions. Without medical treatment or surgery, these structures may eventually fall farther into the vagina or even through the vaginal opening if their supports weaken enough. More than 50% of women age 55 and older suffer one or more problems caused by pelvic floor dysfunction. In Bangladesh, many women conceal this syndrome and suffer. At PAHMC we have provided free treatment to around hundred patients and gave a new lease of life to them.
- Club–Foot Camp: it is a deformity where a foot is twisted so that the sole cannot be placed flat on the ground. It is a great affliction for the affected person, especially for the children. In partnership with Colin Macfarlane, Director, Glancoe Foundation, we have treated twenty children with club foot deformity. The program was a tremendous success.
- Cleft Lip and Cleft Palate: are disorders which are very much treatable, but in our country specially the marginal people because of lack of awareness and money fails to treat it. To address this issue, President Abdul Hamid Medical College Hospital arranged a “Free Cleft Lip Operation Camp”. It was a very fulfilling day for the whole team and we will never forget the newfound smiles of patients. We aspire to take more initiatives in the future.
- Seminar on Autism and its Management: President Abdul Hamid Medical College & Hospital organized a seminar on Autism and its Management on 15th June 2015 at the PAHMC campus. Dr. Sultana Jahan, Associate Professor, Dept. of Psychiatry, University of Missouri, USA presented the keynote paper on autism. She has a wealth of experience on this field. After the Seminar, she conducted a one-to-one session with a few autistic patients. This program helped to raise the awareness level regarding autism as it still remains somewhat an arcane subject among Bangladeshi people.